Tuesday 1 March 2016

POETRY, Where were you?

Its been a very long time since I wrote poetry, seems like ages ago. I really wanted to write something, something reflecting my inner feelings. So here is a try, for I am an amateur: 



Every time I look up from my office's chair, I see the outside world through the inside windows

It is surreal, unlike anything I have ever seen

It's the same mundane world, my friend says
Just sit on my chair and look through my eyes, I react

He dismisses my frivolity with a smirk, while I succumb to my seriousness with a bleak smile

I see the sun shining brightly, with each ray enlightening my eyes with wisdom, bringing hope for freedom

Only I can look through your soul, he remarks
I am taken aback, but happily give myself to the Sun to devour

He claims to show me the future
Oh yes! the future
A good one you suppose
Well, I don't know for my eyes see nothing;only darkness prevails

Don't pity me, don't judge me, I shout
Leave me alone for I am a seeker of solitude

Why are you still looking at me?
Just Go away!
I am not used to be looked at by anyone

I am in a theater, I think, with everyone maneuvering my each step
The world is a stage, someone has said

But I don't want to perform!
I don't want to play anyone other than self

Suddenly, I snap back to reality, with the sun gone, nowhere to be found
I then hear a familiar voice in my head

Let the show begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment