Friday 18 March 2016

RAIN OH RAIN, BLESS ME WITH THY POWER!


Why do people own umbrellas?

This is a question that reverberates in my mind every time I see someone escaping the heavenly drops under a man-made cover. Take for instance last week, I saw a kid using an umbrella to escape from the tears that the cloud shed.

Kids are meant to enjoy the rain, play until tired and then play again, and conduct races with paper boats. When I saw that kid walking silently with face full of sadness, I realized that it was not her primary choice. I wanted to yell at her parents but my sanity overcome the worst of me. Aren’t we supposed to embrace the rains, the beautiful and heartwarming rains whose droplets create a symphony even Mozart would have appreciated?

As an engineer let me conduct an analysis of rains. It is very difficult for me to stay unbiased as I am in love with them but I will try my best to outline the benign as well as malign effect of rains.
Coming to the points in favor; the first one that strikes my mind is a cliche, i.e., 'petrichor'.

You are travelling on a road when you realize that the clouds are giving up on you, they are no longer illuminated by the lights of your beloved Sun, and instead they have turned dull as if someone has opted for a different color option for them.  The Sun, like I said, is nowhere to be seen and has cowardly hidden to prevent itself from the wrath the clouds are to deliver. Just then a tiny insignificant droplet falls on your face acting as a cue to hide yourself. You, then, hide underneath a shed only to encounter bliss. The bliss you realize is coming from the soil underneath you. The first droplets have created something magical once they touched the ground. They created PETRICHOR.


The second one is 'peace'. 


After getting out of the trance of smelling God's scent, you suddenly realize that the downpour has increased. You quickly shift from the edge of the shed to its center so that you don't get wet. Suddenly, out of the blue, you have an epiphany; all the noises have ceased and the only sound you hear is of the water being splashed as it hits the ground. All the background music has stopped and you are an audience of a single instrument being played. You fell different, you have never felt so isolated before, you are in complete PEACE with yourself. You are high, high on peace. You go into trance yet again thinking of memories that were buried deep inside you and could not see the light of the day due to your mind's preoccupation with mundane routine, the routine acting as an evil and disintegrating your mind slowly. You think of your first love, your first heart-break, your parents, your friends and finally of the direction in which your life is headed.

But then, I don't know about you; this, according to me, is the ultimate PEACE of mind not corrupted by malign.

The third one is 'expressing yourself'.

After having experienced petrichor and peace, you no longer want to stay confined in your shed; you want to run and feel the droplets falling on your face, you want to love again, you want to dance until your legs give up, you want to sing your heart out even if you suck at it. 

This my friend is 'expressing'. Expressing yourself when you are alone is the first step to express yourself to others. You need to be in love of yourself, to appreciate yourself and to appreciate solitude in order to acknowledge someone or something.

You realize that you have changed after the incident. The rain has stopped and you come out of your shed (pun intended) and proceed to where ever you were going but this time with a wide grin on your face and a changed perception towards life in your mind.


Whoa!!!! Finally an end to the points supporting rain.

Coming back to the analysis of points in opposition, I lied.
I just cant see any ill effects of rains. I am so attached to it that I cannot look at rains as an outsider.

There are floods due to rains, crops gets destroyed and many more. But I prefer to look away.
Love is blind, someone has said. 

RAIN, keep blessing me with your power till I end, keep teaching me something different every-time we have our little encounters and keep dirtying me till I learn to clean myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment