Saturday 23 February 2013

Poets of the fall(POTF): Most underrated band of all time!! :(


Its 2:40AM by my system's clock and sleep is far away, maybe in some other part of the world! Sitting alone with your system can buy you some time of enjoyment but ultimately it surrenders. My system reached that point about an hour and half ago, I became hopeless, was looking for something to redeem me, and then out of the blue MUSIC came to my salvation!!!
I browsed through my playlist and I knew exactly what to do; I opened POTF albums and started listening to its songs one by one. I cannot describe the level of ecstasy I reached.I mean, it's AMAZING STUFF!
Most of the bands concentrate on the 'music' part of their songs, leaving the lyrics alone to be fitted accordingly. POTF has a different ideology, their songs' lyrics are... Hmm, no word is coming to my mind; Oh wait, yes there is a word! HEAVENLY. They pour their heart out in their lyrics, whatever be the song, whatever be the situation they describe. They are POETS by all means, and their poetry by all standards is extraordinary, given English is their second language.
It was then that I decided I should give a special mention of them in my blog and thus this post. I also wanted to stress out the fact that they are highly underrated and need more fan following because they deserve it. They are no less good than more commercially successful bands today and they should receive somewhat more attention.
#POTF
respect!!
I am providing links to its official website along with its official Facebook page. Those of you who want can like them on Facebook, can browse through their song's lyrics or can watch their videos.
For those who haven't heard them they should begin by listening to THE CARNIVAL OF RUST!
Other songs for people new to the POTF are: ( Relax, it's just my opinion! This list can have any of their songs ;) )
  • Illusions and Dreams
  • Temple of thought
  • Sleep
  •  Late Goodbye
  • Cradled In love
and more...........




No comments:

Post a Comment