Friday 4 July 2014

DREAMS


Hey ya!!! I am back on time. This is a poem I wrote a couple of weeks ago titled dreams!! (apt from the image itself) Its short but expresses my feelings clearly!! ;)

DREAMS

I was floating in the sky made of water,
and flying on the land made of air..
I was arguing with a lion and singing with a nightingale,
 living in the land of nowhere.....

I was happy, ecstatic even
with all my dreams and aspirations
carefully woven....

But then came a dragon breathing fire 
instead of air,
burnt me down, not leaving a single strand of hair...

I opened my eyes with Ma besides me,
replacing with routine my last night's glee...
Taking my blanket & instructing me to wake
Shouting and screaming - "Don't you have a life to make??"

I smile at first, remorse follows later,
realizing reality unlike dreams is full of craters...

Still waiting for the day to swim on land,
with life lending a helping hand..

No comments:

Post a Comment