Wednesday 9 July 2014

MY LITERAL FANTASIES




MY LITERAL FANTASIES

I am ardent reader and among other things that give me pleasure, reading sure is in the top three(if not on the top). I should have pursued Literature or something even remotely related to it. But feeling guilty is frankly speaking, not my style! Engineering made me who I am today, a carefree, amicable and somewhat more creative  'Son of a Gun'.

Whoa! I am drifting away fretting on my past reminiscences. Coming back to reading, Where was I? 
Oh yeah, I had not even begun; What a waste!
Fuck it!

Hmm.... reading to me is what chemistry is to chemists, art to artists, communism to communists, blacks to racists and the list goes on and on. Seriously I could not have given a better description of my feelings. So basically I cannot live without it.  For me reading and writing go parallel to each other. I read to write and write to read more; it allows me to open my mind, let thoughts float freely. To sum up my life, I like to travel(as described vividly in my last post), I like to read and write. Hey why shouldn't I become a travel writer? Its easier written then done!

I sometimes have dreams about this 'that I am some big, hotshot( I like to think so :P) writer being applauded by critics for the masterpiece I have just written' and then I wake up with reality gushing through my veins like cocaine through an addict. Wow! another reference:Reading to me is what drugs are to addicts.

Just yesterday I completed 'The lowland' by 'Jhumpa Lahiri' and was completely blown away by her writing. Many authors write novels but a very few of them write the way she writes, diligently weaving her characters into a beautiful story. Midnight's children has been the only one to have that effect on me but not anymore.
See that's what I want to have, someone writing about my work, critically examining it!
Sometimes my fantasies haunt me(I am strictly talking about literature here!), till I repent on what I have done till now. 
              Nothing!! Nothing at all.
Realizing our dreams is difficult especially in a country like ours where we are crushed by stereotypes of our society forcing us to go deeper and deeper down the pit everyday, getting out thus becoming more and more difficult.

But we will break off someday!!

It's reading time again!! ;)
(P.S. If wanna know how strongly I feel about breaking off, go through my first poem in this blog 'AAZADIYAN' )


No comments:

Post a Comment